Thursday, August 12, 2010

4 hrs and counting...

In about 4 hours, I'll be jumping on a plane and leaving Sudan.... looks like for good... don't think I will be back.... but you never know....
What am I feeling....?

  • Bittersweet - 2 years here feels more like 10 years  - a lot of memories created!!
  • Nervous - not sure what life back home will feel like.
  • Excited - looking forward to seeing friends and family.
  • Concerned - that I'll either forget everyone here or I'll think too much about everyone.
  • Contemplative - looking forward to decompressing and processing everything that's been put on hold in my mind...
It actually feels like the rollercoaster ride is making a stop and I'm the only one getting off... Like the party is gonna continue and you're on the outside looking in....
Next steps.... nope... not thinking that far, gonna rest and reflect first...