Well, I guess it doesn't take long to figure out how this works. I might even start using all those catchy phrases, like 'blogger' or.... I actually don't know any other catchy phrases.... ha!
So I'm up on the roof of our three storey office/house building, it's another warm evening, kind of balmy, just enjoyed a nice cigar (a little too dry actually) , Damian Marley playing in the background, the quiet sounds of the city hum away (Khartoum is not noisy at night). As my thoughts drift back over the week I'm realizing this has been one of my best weeks, if not the best since coming to Sudan. Completely up to my eyeballs in work yet everything just seemed to fall into place perfectly and the best part was I don't think I was stressed at all. The flat has been quiet as a few people are away this week and the pounding social scene of the cosmopolitan Khartoum has been surprisingly generous.
Highlights:
- Ping Pong tournament against the Landlord and his sons (I had to let them win....)
- Bacon and Eggs breakfast (yes, bacon!)
- Indian Food (Crazy Delicious.....)
- Archaeology lecture given at the museum (short rotund canadian archaeologist..... nice!)
- Swedish Rock Band Show (confusing....)
- Sudanese Old Timer Band playing Bob Marley covers (Respect!)
- Lost S.6 E.4 (Crazy!!!)
- Pig Roast tomorrow (yes, pig!)
After a week like this you feel great heading into the weekend.... what a nice change!
Currently reading: Forgotten God and Taliban
Current track: 'Mi Confession' - Gotan Project